Thursday

let's talk basketball

Madelin and Sam are in the middle of their basketball season right now.

I can't even tell you how much I love watching my kids do sports.  It's somehow some of my very proudest mom moments.  Watching them move and work at it and learn to do better is so awesome.

Last night I sat at Madelin's game with Lewis, while Tyler and the other boys were at Sam's game cheering him on.  I watched my girl be so tough and aggressive on defense against a team that STOMPED them 2 weeks ago.  This team fouls left and right, and was playing a super aggressive full-court defense even though it's against the rules.  Also, there are twins on that team who are a good foot plus taller than my girl.  Tough opponents!  BUT, this game, her team came together and were obviously determined to show them how to really play!

Ha!  You can tell I get into it.  I get caught up in every game, no matter how much I try to just sit back and watch and let it all play out.

Madelin stuck to those girls so hard on defense.  It was amazing seeing her anticipate their moves, hustle around and in front of them, steal the ball and take it down court, all of it.  And better yet by far - she loooooooooooves every second of it even more than I do!

After the game she was pumped, I tell you.  As we passed some of the other team, she stopped and told them that they played well!  I love that!  Then she told me all about her dreams to play basketball in college, and showed off spinning her ball on her finger.

You know that rush you get from exercising doing something you absolutely love?  I'm pretty sure we both were a little high off of it.

And, don't doubt, it's the same watching Sam start to really 'get' the game.  His focus is 100%, and he's another great defender!

Love those kids.  Love it all.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's Happening i'm new to this, I stumblеd
upоn this ӏ've discovered It absolutely useful and it has helped me out loads. I'm
hορіng to contribute & help otheг сustomеrs like
its helpeԁ me. Gоod job.

Herе іs my web blog - taiwanese dating site